- Adaptive Management
- Crop Available N Affected by Weather
- Why Use A Model?
- Improve Farmer Profits
- Improve Water Quality and Mitigate Climate Change
The Adapt-N tool provides precise nitrogen (N) fertilizer recommendations that account for the effects of seasonal conditions using high-resolution climate data, a dynamic computer model, and field-specific information on crop and soil management. This approach can significantly reduce N input costs and environmental impacts by better predicting seasonally and spatially variable crop N requirements. Adapt-N simulates crop and soil N dynamics on a daily time step for the season, up to the time of simulation (in most cases the time of sidedress).
What the tool can do: The all new Adapt-N toolset improves nitrogen use efficiency through
- Nitrogen scenario and weather planning for current and prior seasons
- Daily N-rec nitrogen recommendations via Text Message and Email
- Real-time N recommendations in the field with a smart phone or tablet
- Providing field-level precipitation and temperature
- Growth stage indicators
- Virtual Soil Nitrate Tests
- Muti-tiered account tools specifically designed for growers, agronomists, and enterprises
…Adapt-N is built for every zone in your field.
Overview and demo of Adapt-N Software
0:00 – 1:44 – Welcome and logistics
1:45 – 7:34 – Introduction by Dr. Thomas Green of the IPM Institute
7:35 – 49:33 – Greg Levow of Agronomic Technology Corp
49:34 – End – Q&A and acknowledgements